I've written before about people over complicating Marketing theory, not sure why but I guess it's so you get scared, panic and you hire them.
Marketing isn't that difficult and this is where the Marketing flywheel comes in. Yes I know it sounds complicated, but I will explain.
If you think about what you do leads onto something else in a circle.
1. Using Keyword Research and Industry Intuition you
2. Create content.
3. Publish this out out through your network.
4. Promote through social channels.
5. Earn links and get amplification.
6. This should (hopefully) grow your social, followers, interactions.
7. This grows your domain authority with Google.
8. You earn more search and referral traffic.
9. You rank better for keyword search (KWS).
10. Which brings you back to you .... using Keyword Research and Industry Intuition you
11. Create content
You keep going round this route, each time you will increase your amplification, shares, followers, domain authority, SEO, etc, etc,
It's that simple.
If you’re anything like me, you probably get pretty tired of adjusting to every new model or best practice that appears on the horizon. (Lots of times, these new models start out as a way for somebody to explain what their new product does and why you need it.) Once a new model starts gaining traction, however, it quickly becomes a matter of “damned if you do; damned if you don’t.” If you adopt if, you may have to (again!) rework your processes to fit. If you don’t, you run the risk of customers concluding you’re not on top of things.